- Melt production, extraction and transport through the crust.
- Bubble dynamics and its effect on rheology, heat and mass transport in magmas.
- Porous media flows (single and multiphase), heat and chemical transport in groundwater flows.
- Diffusion timescales in crystals.
- Ph.D. Earth and Planetary Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, 2009
- B.Sc. Physics, University of Geneva, Switzerland, 2004
- M.Sc. Earth Sciences, University of Geneva, Switzerland, 2001
- B.Sc. Earth Sciences, University of Geneva, Switzerland, 1998
- Class of 1940, Teaching Effectiveness Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2014
- NSF CAREER award, 2014
- Paul Niggli Medal, Swiss Society of Mineralogy and Petrology, 2010
- Swiss postdoctoral fellow, 2009
- Louderback award, UC. Berkeley, 2009