Professor, ADVANCE Professor
- Behavior of the ocean and climate of the earth over the last 100,000 years. Work in this area has helped in understanding the full range of behavior possible for the ocean/climate system, and which parts of this system may be vulnerable to change in the future. My work combines geochemical methods for gathering data on the state of the past ocean with the analytical tools and approaches of modern oceanography.
- Ph.D., Geological Sciences, Columbia University
- M.A., Geological Sciences, Columbia University
- B.S., Physics, Duke University
- B.S., Geology, Duke University