This program is designed specifically for students who already have a Bachelor's degree and are interested in switching fields to meteorology.
The Professional Track Masters takes 9 months.
- Students are responsible for their tuition.
- A student completing this MS degree can have all the course requirements for membership to the American Meteorological Society and for employment by NOAA and the National Weather Service.
- Georgia Tech requires a 2.7 GPA to be admitted into a graduate program. However, admission is on a competitive basis. Our recently admitted graduate students have had an average GPA of 3.3 and an average Quantitative GRE of 720, Analytical GRE 640 and Verbal GRE 510.
- Students with a Bachelor of Science and/or Engineering generally have the background to pursue our MS degree. However, since not all students applying already have that background, the specific courses needed are:
- 4 semesters of Calculus (Calc I, II, vector Calc, and Differential Equations)
- 2 semesters of calculus based Physics
- (optional but helpful) 1 semester Chemistry with Lab