Prospective Students FAQ

How do I schedule a visit?
There are daily info sessions at Georgia Tech and campus tours (for info and to register see Campus Visit). Also, there is a program every Friday that allows you to attend an undergraduate course and visit labs (for info and to register see "It's All About Science and Math"). Finally, to arrange a visit to the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, contact Dr. Zachary Handlos or Dr. Samantha Wilson.

How do I get an application and admissions information?
See applying to Georgia Tech.

Are there minimum GPA or SAT requirements?
There is no minimum requirement of GPA or SAT. It is based on the competitiveness of the applicants. You can read more about admissions here.

What kind of financial aid or scholarships are available?
To see more about financial aid and scholarships see scholarships/financial aid.

What courses do I need to transfer in, and how do I know my courses will transfer?
To see the courses that you need to transfer to Tech go to If you want to see how courses from your current school will transfer see our transfer equivalencies. Also, if you go here, you'll see the deadlines for applying.

What if I already have a Bachelor's Degree in another field?
If you already have a Bachelor's degree, even in another field, you can continue for a graduate degree in EAS. There are a few students every year who, like you, are changing fields. If you do not already have a science background, you will need to take some courses: four semesters calculus (Calc 1 - Diff. eqns), 2 semester of calculus based Physics, and 1 semester of chemistry. These can be taken at any campus. One of the most common field changes has been into Meteorology. For those interested in pursuing a meteorology background, we have a non-thesis Masters option that gets you all the required training for the field.

Who do I contact for future information?
You can contact our main academic advisors, Dr. Zachary Handlos or Dr. Samantha Wilson.