The BS in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences with Research Option allows students to emphasize their interest in research. To complete the Research Option in the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences students must:
- Complete at least 9 units of undergraduate research
- Courses should span at least two, preferably three terms (note there is also a two semester sequence of proposal and thesis writing courses - see below)
- Research may be for either pay (EAS 4698) or credit (EAS 4699)
- At least 6 of the 9 required hours should be on the same topic
- Complete a research proposal outlining their research topic and project for the thesis while taking LMC 4701 (Undergraduate Research Proposal Writing)
- Write an undergraduate thesis/report of research on their findings while taking LMC 4702 (Undergraduate Research Thesis Writing).
To submit your intent form to Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), please go to the web form at http://www.urop.gatech.edu/research-option. This form must be completed and can also be reached from the main UROP webpage.